Hi, my name’s Mark Reynolds and I’m a Marketing Consultant who’s been helping UK business owners since 2002 to get a consistent flow of new customers from their marketing.
Let me share a little about how I can help you and my experience to see if we’re a good fit.
I’ll create a marketing strategy/plan that works for you
If you’re like a lot of the small business owners who find me on Google, you’ve probably got a scattergun approach to your marketing, without any strategy.
You’ve got to this point just hoping that the next marketing tactic works. It’s like throwing it at a wall and hoping it sticks.
The obvious danger with the scattergun approach is there’s a high risk of wasting A LOT of time and A LOT of money without being any nearer your goals.
That’s not a nice place to be.
A lot of those small business owners tell me they need help with their marketing strategy. That’s why they’re on Google looking for a marketing consultant and found me.
They want me to take a deep look at their business, market and customers to create a marketing strategy that’s finally got a seriously good chance of working.
Maybe you need help like this too?
To have a friendly marketing specialist at your side to help answer your marketing questions, sense-check your ideas, critique your marketing, make sure you’re doing the right things…
Someone to not only help you find the right path, but map it out for you step by step…
As your marketing consultant, I’m a bit like a doctor…
I see myself as a bit like a doctor prescribing a course of treatment in order to make you better. The result of us working together initially is to come up with a strategy together, that gives you a consistent flow of new customers.
It’s what I’ve been doing for small businesses since 2002, so I’d love to have an initial friendly chat to see how we could work together.
Anyone can call themselves a marketing consultant or expert, but I’ve been a hands-on marketer since 2002, learning what it takes to bring success to UK small business owners.
I now use all this knowledge to help business owners like you.
- I built my first website in 1998.
- My career since 2002 has focused entirely on generating web enquiries for businesses via their website and online marketing.
- I’ve built 100s of results-driven, customer-focused, Google-friendly websites and landing pages.
- I’ve been consistently optimising websites to help business owners to get more customers from Google since 2003.
- In 2005 I started using Google Adwords to get businesses in front of my client’s ideal customers at the exact moment they’re searching Google for products/services they sell. I’ve been using Google Ads consistently ever since and have helped over 40 business owners.
- In 2007 I started my own digital marketing business, ProfitReach. I’ve been working 100% in the business ever since.
- Since 2007 I’ve been working with UK small business owners to help them get a rhythmic acquisition of customers.
How can I help you?
As a small business marketing consultant, I work with business owners/directors like you to create a marketing strategy.
Because of my hands-on experience since 2002, with web design, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads and more, my knowledge adds the important depth – so it’s not just a marketing plan built on theory.
I’ve also got access to streams of small business marketing data, analysis and insights, so I know what truly has the best chance of working for you.
When it comes to marketing consulting, with my first-hand experience, I can also help with specific strategies that work, which many small business marketing consultants can’t, like consultancy for:
- Google Analytics
- Web Design
- Google Ads/PPC
- Email Marketing
I’ve also built up over the last 10 years or so, a team of marketing specialists. So whether it’s me doing the work, or my team, I can provide the necessary resources to implement your marketing strategy.
I’ll help you get the marketing done (if needed)
When I’m not doing the strategy work I love to enhance and create engaging, Google optimised websites – loved by searchers, customers and business owners.
I’m here to help if you want a higher number of relevant visitors to your website, or if you want to convert more visitors into leads and sales.
If your primary focus is your target audience, website visitors, prospects and customers, I can help you engage and motivate them to take action.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Web Design
- Website Support & Maintenance
- Website Optimisation / Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Google Ads Management
- Email Marketing
I’ll help you progress your marketing and hold you accountable
It’s not just about having the right marketing strategy and plan in place.
Of the 45% of small business owners that have a marketing plan, only a small percentage consistently do the required marketing activity.
We’ll meet twice a month.
I will help you find the right path and map it out for you step by step.
I’ll get to know you like no other marketing consultant would, bringing you a high level of care and confidentiality.
Crucially, I’ll keep you accountable to help you get things done.
All too often business owners don’t build a predictable and consistent flow of customers because they don’t consistently take the right action.
But don’t worry, accountability is a big benefit that I will provide.
I’ll also make sure I help you at a pace that’s right for you and your business.
Imagine I’m a personal trainer, but instead of getting you fit, I’m working with you to build a consistent and reliable flow of customers.
I’ll get to know you, prescribe the right ‘exercises’ and keep you accountable, hold your feet to the fire and make sure you achieve success.
Every month I’ll help you generate more leads, more customers, more profit, a better business and a better life.
What’s my experience?
I designed my first website in 1998 in my first year at university.
I’m not pretending it was anything special.
It was basic.
But websites were basic back then.
I never guessed web design would be the main focus of my career.
In early 2002, 6 months after graduating with First Class Honours, I started to design websites professionally – back when Google was only 4 years old.
Since then I’ve single-handedly designed and built 100s of websites and landing pages.
I worked for a couple of small businesses in those early years. I managed everything to do with the websites, including promotion using SEO, Google Ads and desktop email marketing software.
In 2005 I started using Google Ads (or Google Adwords as it was then known). From that moment I’ve helped over 40 businesses to advertise on Google – with the aim to increase leads & enquiries, improve lead quality and grow sales.
From 2006-2009 I was the Online Marketing & Web Manager for Ecovision, a company that designs, supplies and installs renewable energy solutions to homes and businesses across the UK, including the Highgrove Estate, the home of Prince Charles.
How did I start this business in 2007?
In 2007 I spotted an opportunity.
New small business websites were being designed by web agencies, and they simply weren’t that good.
Business owners were investing their hard-earned money in a new website…and weren’t getting much for it.
That’s still the case with a lot of small business websites I see today.
I knew I could do better.
So I created ProfitReach.
I started part-time to lower the risk. Then in 2009 I handed in my notice and went for it.
I’m so proud that over 10 years later, I still work with my original clients, including Yate Town Council and that I continued to help so many small business owners each year.
It honestly makes me so happy and hungry to get them, and other small business owners, more customers.
Over the years I’ve continued to work from my home office (which I’ve always loved) and built a team of dependable and trusted UK web and marketing specialists. Keep overheads down means I’ve passed those savings onto my clients.
The natural progression was to use all the experience and knowledge that I had built up, to become a marketing consultant. To help business owners make a real difference in their marketing.
Who are my go-to marketing gurus?
The world of digital marketing is so complex that it probably doesn’t make a lot of sense for a small business owner like you to spends loads of time keeping up with it all.
That’s where I come in as a marketing consultant.
I have to keep track of what’s working in marketing in B2C and B2C.
It’s my job.
with the latest marketing strategies, tactics and tools to help you get more customers. This gives you more hands-on to get even better results from your marketing.
It’s not about learning for small business owners, it’s about implementing and getting marketing done.
For many years I’ve been keeping up to date with the likes of Dr Dave Chaffey, from Smart Insights who was honoured in 2004 by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as one of the 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have shaped the future of marketing.
Since 2012 I’ve been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Circle (EC). They even asked if I wanted to be an official EC certified coach to pass on their experience to my clients.
Of course, I jumped at the chance.
The EC was founded by, and is still run by, Nigel Botterill, entrepreneur & bestselling author who has built eight separate £million+ businesses from scratch.
A little bit more about me
- I was born in the same small house where J.K. Rowling near Bristol, UK, a cottage hospital (I don’t have a scar on my forehead like Harry Potter!).
- I graduated from the University of Lincoln, UK, with First Class Honours.
- Along with three talented student colleagues I won a Regional Royal Television Society Award for the documentary ‘Battered Cod’, which I produced.
- Volunteering has been a big part of my life. I volunteered for a local sports club ever since I was a little boy – teaching children to play cricket and helping with lots of tasks around the club.
- In 2004 my cricket volunteering work led to me being awarded England & Wales’ Young Volunteer of the Year Award by the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) at the NatWest Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCAs).
Mark live on BBC Radio Bristol from the Media Centre at Lords’ cricket ground following winning a national OSCA award.
- In 2005 I was excited to be one of 4 judges for the 2006 England and Wales NatWest Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCAs) at Lord’s cricket ground. We were tasked with choosing the national winners across multiple categories.
- From 2006-2008, in a busy period of my life, I worked part-time for the England and Wales Cricket Board alongside my full-time marketing career just so I could get this great experience. I gave advice on educating, recruiting and rewarding volunteers to cricket clubs across the South West of England.
- In 2009 I was presented with an ICC Centenary Medal by the International Cricket Council, the international governing body for cricket. The ICC Centenary Medal recognises a group of people who are instrumental to the running of the game – the volunteers. It was presented by Mike Gatting, former England cricket captain.
Former England Captain Mike Gatting Presenting Award From The International Cricket Council to Mark
Who inspires me?
Inspiration is such an important part of life and growing a business.
I’ve been lucky to meet some remarkable people with hugely inspiring advice.
Like Baroness Karren Brady, the British business woman, who is also well known from the BBC’s apprentice. You can read about when I met Baroness Karren Brady here.
There was Sir Steve Redgrave who is a remarkable person with a spectacular story.
He won gold medals at 5 consecutive Olympic games (WOW!!), but his story of how he planned his Sydney gold really opened my eyes. Read more about the day I met Sir Steve here.
Then I met millionaire businessman Nick Jenkins from BBC’s Dragon’s Den who also has an astonishing story. Read my blog post to see why Nick Jenkins of BBC Dragons’ Den fame inspires me.
I was lucky to meet Lord Sebastian Coe too. He headed the London 2012 bid and the following London 2012 Olympic games. He also has an astonishing story. Read my blog post from the day I met and listened to Lord Coe.
“Vision must be in the DNA of your organisation. You’re permanently at cross roads where the judgement is between budget and creativity. At the start of the Olympic journey we said we’re going to stick to the vision – a guiding North Star.
So there we have it.
If you’d like a friendly initial chat to find out if as your marketing consultant I’d be a good fit, let’s find a suitable time in the diary.
I’d love to help you get a consistent flow of new customers in 2020 and beyond.